How to choose the best watermark maker might sound difficult. It will require some effort on your part. Knowing what to look for in a watermark maker is half the battle. The other half is how easy the watermark maker works.
On top of knowing what to look for in a watermark maker, you will need to have an idea of what type of watermark you are going to use. That may require a little more time and effort on your part. It depends on what your business is, what type of product or services you offer, and how often you watermark photos, images, or other products.
For example, a realtor will use watermarks more often than a business that sells products or services. Every photo a realtor uses on the web should be watermarked; preferably with their logo at least.
What to look for when choosing the best watermark marker
Do you know what to look for when choosing the best watermark maker? Let’s discuss some really important things you need a watermark maker to do for you.
Ease of use
You want to find a watermark maker that is easy to learn and use. Do I need to install specialist software? Life is too short to spend hours having to become qualified in a particular software program.
Seek out a watermark marker that allows you to watermark more than one photo or image at a time so you can get the job done faster.
You want to be able to change fonts, colors, opacity, and other features – easily.
Look for a watermark maker that allows you to upload multiple images or photos. Can I create the watermark directly in my browser – or will my photos be stored on a separate server?
Saving and downloading
Saving and downloading should be easy – so I can come back at any time and retrieve the watermark I have created.
You need to make sure that good support is available.
Depending on your budget the price is an important consideration. Can I trial the watermarking service for FREE –
such as with Water Marquee and upgrade later to a paid service should I need additional features?
Is it a subscription service – or can I pay a one-off lifetime price – providing unlimited use?
If I choose the FREE service will I need to give my email details – enabling a flood of emails I don’t want?
If you look for these 7 points, then you will be able to find the perfect watermark maker for you.
Finding the best watermark maker online
There are several online watermark makers one such online service is Water Marquee.
Water Marquee offers a batch watermark, support, a free and paid accounts option, it is easy to use and has many features. You can save your watermark and download it easily.
There are also templates that can be used. It allows you to change your font, the color, and the amount of opacity you wish to use. Start out with the free service to try it out and then you can go to the paid ‘Pro’ Account which is extremely reasonable; just a one-time fee of less than $20.00.
Many of the online watermark sites will charge a monthly fee and while they may not be all that much per month in a year you have spent far more than $20.00. Most online watermarking sites will offer the same features and tools. Some are a little harder than others to use so be sure to try them out before you spend money for a paid account to make sure that site will work for you.
6 Tips on making watermarks
Here are 6 tips on making a watermark for your photos and images that should help you design a watermark that fits you; one that will be easily recognized by others like yours.
- If you are watermarking photos think about the composition of the photos you take; for example is it most people, nature, animals, cityscapes, etc. You want to come up with a watermark that fits your main composition and use it on all your photos or images.
- Make sure that your watermark is one you will stick with; changing your watermark all the time will be confusing to your clients or patrons. Think of your watermark as your branding, so that when people see that they know it is your property, your work.
- Watermark your images at their final size. If you watermark the full-size image then scale it down to fit the space you are putting it in, then the watermark is too small to be seen or read. If you are signing your name as your watermark you want people to be able to read it.
- Make your watermark semi-transparent (opaque) this helps keep the attention on the composition and not on the watermark. Your work is what you want to be noticed, the watermark is only a protection device for your work unless it is your signature but still the composition is what should be noticed not the signature watermark.
- The position must be considered. Position it in a place that makes it harder to remove. For example, place part of it on a person’s leg or foot that is near a color background. Let’s say it is a person sitting on a bench and the color under the bench is a dark shadow; place the watermark on part of the foot or leg of the person and the rest in the dark shadow area. To be removed the dark shadow area may be easy but not so easy for the leg or foot area without a program designed for photos and image editing. Even then the person needs to be a pro to make it look right with the watermark removed.
- If your camera has a copyright information setting make sure it is on. Add that information to the metadata description and the title as well. While this camera’s copyright information can be stripped by some programs and social media sites like Facebook adding it into the meta description and title can help.
Following the above 6 tips on making watermarks should help you design a clear watermark that fits your company, photos, or images; one that will become a brand for you that your customers or clients will recognize immediately.
Watermarking can help protect your images and photos from theft. It is your choice whether you decide to watermark or not. If you choose to watermark follow the above 6 tips and you will be able to come up with a watermark that will be your brand. Having a watermark that is your brand makes your work easily recognizable.
You can use online watermarking services like Water Marquee to make watermarks on your photos in batches so it takes less time. They offer free and paid accounts, have many features, and good support. The site is easy to use to make your watermark with and save it.
You work hard, spending hours taking photos or designing images why let them be lifted from the web or social media without a fight.